NT201 Jesus and the Gospels (Online)
At the end of this unit students should be able to:
- Describe the historical, socio-cultural, religious and political setting of first-century Palestine as the context of Jesus’ life and ministry.
- Identify both the distinctive features of the four gospels and also the interrelationships between them
- Sketch the identity and life of Jesus, with an emphasis on his designations and titles, as well as the passion and resurrection narratives.
- Outline the message and ministry of Jesus as found in his emphasis on the Kingdom of God, use of parables, ethical teaching and miracles.
- Make comments on the significance of Jesus and the Gospels for contemporary life and ministry.
Online – Timothy Partnership
Semester Date: 3 Feb – 21 June 2020